Readings from the course Ed Tech for the K-12 Leader in the Masters in Curriculum & Instruction at CSUB
A Historical Background on Educational Technology
- The History of Ed-Tech: What Went Wrong by Audry Watters, independent scholar, and education writer.
- Thorndike won. Dewey Lost: The Most Important 4 Words about the US Education System by Mark Guzdial, Professor in CS & Engineers at the University of Michigan.
- Mindstorms: what did Papert argue and what does it mean for learning and education? by Amy J. Ko, Professor of Programming, Learning, Design, and Justice at the University of Washington.
A Historical Background on Critical Pedagogy
- Paulo Freire – An Incredible Conversation
- (Interview) featuring Paolo Freire, educator, organizer, philosopher, and author of the seminal work Pedagogy of the Oppressed.
- Critical Digital Pedagogy: A Collection
- What is Critical Digital Pedagogy, and Why Does Higher Ed Need it?
Diving a Little Bit Deeper in “The History of Ed-Tech: What Went Wrong” by Audry Watters