Suggested Further Readings
Paulo Freire on Faith (Link)
Pedagogy of the Oppressed: Noam Chomsky, Howard Gardner, and Bruno della Chiesa Harvard Askwith Forum Live Roundtable ( Link )
Gomez, A., Puigvert, L., Flecha, R. (2011) Critical Communicative Methodology: Informing Real Social Transformation Through Research. (Link)
Full Elmore Interview (Link)
Pedagogy of the Oppressed Full Book Online (Link)
Education for Critical Consciousness By Paolo Freire (Link)
Below you can find the following presentation artifacts:
- The conference and professional development handouts on virtual reality (VR). Feel free to download and share.
- Following the handout is copy of the conference presentation.
- Link to a student-made virtual reality museum.
- Professional renderings from SketchFab.com
- a 6th grade student-created tutorial for my free workflow.
- A Minecraft inspired scene created by another 6th grade student.
Below is the presentation for session. This will be a brief ten minutes covering research and strategies for implementing the virtual-reality into the classroom.
The following site is our student-made virtual reality museum.
A professional “mystery contest” project uploaded by a user to SketchFab.com
Another professional project on SketchUp.com.
How to export and import into SketchFab as told by a 6th grader.
A Minecraft inspired scene created by a 6th grader. Load the scene on your phone and then view in a Google Cardboard or VR viewer.
So you made it this far…Now it is time to say cheese! To complete this stop you will make a short fake news clip with an image or video of your current location and tweet it at #EDTE4200. Yes you can take the picture or video as a group and it counts for everyone!
If you are on an Android based phone download the following fake news app from the Google Play Store:
If you are on an iPhone, download the following fake news app from iTunes: