From Virtual Reality Consumers to Producers
Welcome! If you want your middle and high school students to create their own virtual reality then you have come to the right place. The units are at about a mid range level of difficulty but I have had beginner users create virtual reality with the support of an advanced peer. These lessons below were successfully implemented in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade classrooms during the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 school years.
Table of Contents
- Conference Presentation
- Student-Made Virtual Reality Museum.
- VR Modules in ELA, Math, History, and Science
- A 6th grade student-created tutorial using a free workflow.
- Student-created 3D models published in VR
- Using 3D scanning in the classroom for printing and VR
- Research, Articles, etc.
- Thank you to all who participated!
1. Conference Presentation
2. Middle School Virtual Reality History Museum
The following site is our student-made virtual reality museum. This was our first attempt to rollout the technology across our school site by facilitating the instruction through our after school program. In this setting students received lessons twice a week and within one month were able to create our first virtual museum using Google Sites and SketchFab.com
3. Virtual Reality Units
5. Student-Created VR Experiences
The following models were created in TinkerCAD and SketchUp before being published in SketchFab.
Published Guest Blog Postings
The work shared in this workshop has been published through CUE.org, SketchFab.com, and my own blog.