Virtual Reality-from consumer to producer
Welcome! If you want your middle and high school students to create their own virtual reality then you have come to the right place. The units are at about a mid range level of difficulty but I have had beginner users create virtual reality with the support of an advanced peer. These lessons below were successfully implemented in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade classrooms during the 2016-2017 school year.
National CUE Presentation: Virtual Reality-from consumer to producer
- The conference and professional development SAMR handout on virtual reality (VR). Feel free to download and share.
- Conference Presentation
- Student-Made Virtual Reality Museum.
- VR Modules in ELA, Math, and History
- A 6th grade student-created tutorial using a free workflow.
- Student Work
- Funding, Grants, and Conferences
- Research, Articles, etc.
- Thank you to all who participated!
2. Conference Presentation
3. Curran Virtual Reality Museum
The following site is our student-made virtual reality museum. This was our first attempt to rollout the technology across our school site by facilitating the instruction through our after school program. In this setting students received lessons twice a week and within one month were able to create our first virtual museum using Google Sites and SketchFab.com